The Grants' African adventure

Tim’s boiling experience II (The secret of Tim’s life)

Firstly I guess I should tell you about the train trip. Well firstly we had to arrive late so we did not get mobbed. When we hopped on the train we had to wait 30 minutes before the train got moving. And it was incredibly bumpy. I went to sleep early cause I was feeling extremely sick. I woke up around 3 in the morning and I vomited. Then I think I stared playing games on my dsi for about 2 hours. Then I went back To sleep and FINALY the train trip ended.That was the great train trip.

20120626-081059.jpg

Now Stuff about Bulawayo. The ice creams here are just as cheap as the drinks. 33 cents for a pink ice-cream. I also sneakily bought Aunty Morag some sherbet, (she is not allowed sherbet :). Hotel Rio is brilliant. It has got a HUGE playground, a pool and heaps of room for the kids. Well I guess that is it for now. I got a comment saying when I go back to Australia I need to pray that it will rain. But I am not getting back for a while. So can you all pray that it will rain in Africa? I love The comments.
Ps Dad came up with a new thing for Elijah.Thou shall not pick his nose. 🙂

Reporter Tim signing off. PPs I writing this when you all asleep.

Advertisements

6 responses

1. grandpa1931

Gee Tim I’m so sorry to hear that you got sick on the train trip…rats! Don’t eat too many of those cheap pink ice-creams or you may get even sicker. There’s nothing wrong with picking your nose…just don’t eat what is on your finger. That’s not nice at all. I’m writing this while you are asleep or maybe just waking up.

June 26, 2012 at 4:26 pm

2. Sheila Grant

Nearly five in the afternoon and have only just seen this. Gee, you write a nice account of happenings! Dad saying “thou shalt not pick his nose” to Elijah…Do you mean Elijah has the habit of picking his nose, or he “shall not pick your Dad’s nose”!!!!!! Only kidding. Your Granny is praying everyday for you all….AND for rain for Zimbabwe. When we lived there we often had to pray for rain. We are having a week of rain here, right now, cold and miserable, so you can have some of this if you like? Love you, Gran

June 26, 2012 at 4:48 pm

3. Jane Cann

Hi Tim, How are you all going? We love reading all that’s happening with you guys. I got your postcard and read it to everyone…thanks!!! We are in school holidays at the moment and just got back from the movie, Ice Age 4. You would love it. I can’t believe how cheap ice creams are!!! The children wanted an ice after the movies but when I looked at the price I had to say no. Maybe you could have one for us…lol. At least you won’t spend your savings too quickly. I will tell the children all about your train trip and we will all pray for rain tonight at devotions. Keep having fun and enjoying this amazing experience.
    Please give my love to your family,
    Love Mrs Cann

June 26, 2012 at 8:32 pm

4. The Elands

Tim, we miss you. Tell Fish that his pig is being looked after and Brook is giving it alot of love. Give your Mum a big hug from me. Mrs Eland

June 27, 2012 at 3:46 pm

5. Naisie

Oh Tim, that’s brilliant writing……I love reading your blog posts. Are you feeling all better now? Any chance you can sneak me some sherbert too? Mmmm yum!

June 27, 2012 at 7:20 pm

6. The Inalds

Yay bring on more reporter Tim! Your hotel sounds awesome. Have you found purple Fanta yet? Love Aunty Fi

June 27, 2012 at 9:22 pm